The fusion between DANCE and VISUAL ART
Drawing Bodies in Motion welcomes experienced artists and art students to participate in an online drawing session. Responding to movement from professional dance artists, you will experiment with various tools and techniques to capture the essence of fluidity, from abstract mark making too watercolour and ink.
Artists are encouraged to explore their disciplines courageously, finding a myriad of ways to capture the transient imagery of a dancing body.
What you will experience:
- You will have the opportunity to draw Artistic Director Luke Brown and a variety of professional guest dance artists
- A combination of drawing dancers in motion and still/held poses
- Different weekly themes
- Artists have the autonomy to capture each session using materials of their choice
- A sharing and supportive group of artists looking to learn from each other
- Opportunity to share work at the end of each session
- A dedicated instagram account to share your work if desired @drawingbodiesim #drawingbodiesinmotion
Join us every Sunday 15:00 – 16:00 (GMT)
Examples of our previous classes:
- Contemporary dance with the use of projection on the body
- Dance with use of props
- Aerial silks performer
- Dance and puppetry
- Dance in nature
- Yoga practitioner
A word from artists who have participated in previous sessions:
Watch William Rowsell painting in realtime:
How to join:
To join our weekly sessions sign up to Patreon for a monthly subscription at £32 per month or as a VIP Member* at £40 per month. Alternatively drop in and Pay As You Go at £8 per session.
Please click the button below to purchase your session
*As a VIP patreon you will experience: all of the benefits and features of the weekly Drawing Bodies in Motion session as outlined above, as well as access to each video and stills of past sessions via online archive to be able to refer back to in your own time, in order to develop each drawing further.
Each session will be delivered via a password protected Zoom link. For classes to run smoothly we open 5 minutes prior to start time. Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time so you’re set up and ready to go. We also recommend that you set up your at home studio prior to the session with a clear view of your device.
Class links will be available via email for both Pay As You Go and Patreon members. Please ensure you have paid for your session at least 1 hour before start time otherwise you may not be sent the class link.
If you have any queries then please contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to Drawing Bodies In Motion.